WHO WE ARE
Enabling Better Business Decisions using Aerial Remote Sensing
Icaros’ mission is to help companies, organizations, and government agencies make better decisions using current, accurate aerial geospatial information delivered in a flexible and actionable format.
Established in 2004 by GIS and electro-optic technology veterans as an aerial mapping service provider, Icaros has continually evolved and expanded our services and products. Today, we are a comprehensive aerial geospatial solutions provider, offering a wide variety of remote sensing technologies and services, including:
- Autonomous turnkey drone-in-a-box systems, ideally suited for perimeter security applications and autonomous beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS) data collection applications;
- Turnkey public and private sector application-specific inspection solutions;
- Turnkey public and private sector geospatial and GIS solutions;
- Manned and unmanned remotely sensed data collection services, including High-resolution video, imagery (RGB, thermal, multispectral), ground penetrating radar (GPR), and LIDAR. We have a network of more than ten thousand manned and unmanned aerial service provider partners located in over 165 countries worldwide;
- Custom automated industry-specific analytic solutions, from feature recognition, to sophisticated time series analysis, to metered energy efficiency analysis, to custom artificial intelligence image analysis;
- Photogrammetric processing of all types including digital surface and terrain maps, contour maps, multispectral index maps, thermal maps and many others
- LIDAR processing services, accurate Digital Terrain Maps, and integrated LIDAR/imagery maps & models;
- Ground penetrating radar (GPR) solutions;
- 3D photomesh image processing services and analytics;
- HD Video production services;
- And training services to clients worldwide.
Icaros has pioneered the use of state-of-the-art sensors, manned and unmanned aircraft sensor systems, high resolution RGB, multispectral and thermal imagery, oblique-angle photography for 3D modeling, HD video, ground penetrating radar (GPR), and LIDAR and we are experts in applying various photogrammetric processing and 3D modeling techniques.
In addition to custom services we offer, we also offer the following products:
- Autonomous and Tethered Drone-in-a-Box Systems starting at around $100,000 per system or on a lease basis starting at $6,000 per month
- SAAS solutions, available on a monthly or annual subscription basis:
- Easy RMS – Secure communication, mission planning, geofencing, manual mission override, and real time monitoring across an entire fleet of deployed drone-in-a-box systems
- Mapgage – a cloud-based inspections information management platform and a handheld device App accessible via any browser for field inspections and maintenance applications of all types
- TerraExplorer – for viewing and analyzing high-resolution 3D geospatial data via any browser
- OneButton – a platform for highly scalable cloud-based and desktop-based Image Processing, mapping and modeling
- UgCS – for drone agnostic, complex drone flight/mission planning and execution
The Customers We Serve
In a world of rapidly changing environments and technologies, we lead the way towards finding new and creative solutions to challenges our customers face. Icaros’ solutions make aerial geospatial information useful and accessible to a wide array of clients, at price points that enable innovative new applications.
Our aerial remote sensing, mapping and GIS services provide clients with tailored solutions to support a wide range of perimeter security, asset management, property management, transportation, land-use, and natural resource management applications.
We offer rapid turn-around and accurate collection and processing systems for high-quality, large-scale precision imagery, aerial surveys, ortho-photography, digital terrain models, digital surface models and 3D models across multiple bands of the electromagnetic spectrum. Icaros also partners with manufacturers to provide comprehensive mapping and surveillance solutions for the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) industry.
Private sector customers include some of the largest organizations worldwide working in transportation, construction, precision agriculture, forestry, energy, and mining. Public sector customers include national government agencies, global NGOs and supporting companies involved in homeland security, surveillance, emergency management, aircraft flight training/simulation and military mission planning.